Drawing from Drew

3-28-16

We had a wonderful Easter! Josh brought Drew home just after noon on Saturday. Once again it was great to have everyone under one roof! We all went to church together on Sunday and my family was here for a traditional Easter dinner after. My 94 year old Grandma was able to make it, and loved the time with the kids and all of us together. I think she, and my family, were relieved to see Drew acting like a (fairly) normal, happy little boy. Her and my mom even folded my laundry and did my ironing :) Drew's slept all night the last 2 nights, and hasn't gotten sick since Saturday morning! For those of you that know how nuts I am about my sleep, you know it was a glorious last couple nights! Pray this continues! The IV antibiotics we are doing at home are going well also. Just like all of Drew's care, it took a few times to feel comfortable doing it, but today I was able to do that, and his meds, and his feeding tube stuff this morning by myself! Which is good because Josh will be gone tomorrow and Wednesday traveling for work. It was an okay time for him to be gone since there is a lull in the action. My Aunt from Detroit is coming to help out this week, which we lined up for when he'd be gone as well. We'll have labs drawn tomorrow to make sure his counts are back up enough to start Chemo on Thursday. We pray that they are so we can keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment