Drawing from Drew

4-26-16

Well Round 5 of Chemo has gone fairly well. My brother stayed with him in the hospital since Sunday afternoon--a wonderful gift! I will say though, its been kind of funny to hear the antics of a 30-something single guy try to entertain/keep a 2 year old boy under control! He didn't really get too sick until last night. But they switched his anti-nausea medicine to intravenously and temporarily paused his feeds until his stomach settled down. And I guess they felt okay enough about him to send us home! So Josh and Brian came home with him about 7PM. As I write this update I have two sleeping kids in their own beds, something to celebrate! I pray and ask you join me that we can keep his nausea under control and don't have to bring him back in for further medications and fluids. Being released today makes this our shortest stay ever, 5 days! We have a few appointments scheduled for the coming week, and as always we'll be watching for a fever as he drops to the bottom of his counts. Then we have our scans and appointments with the Oncology team and Surgeon May 9th or 10th. If we actually stay out the hospital for more then 6 days, it'll be our longest stretch home since we started in mid-January! Pray we continue to break records, and that the scans show enough progress to do the surgery without any more chemo for now.

Thank you all for you continued prayers and encouraging words. I read every post, your kind words mean a lot!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment