Drawing from Drew

2-29-16

Happy Leap Day everyone! Our story here hasn't changed too much over the weekend. Josh took over on Friday and played the entertain-an-almost-two-year-old-in-bed game. And I got to spend some time with Molly, and catch up on as much as I could at the house. Josh's parents came up to visit on Saturday, so it was nice to see them with the kids. Drew does still seem really uncomfortable and in pain at times. A dose of Tylenol does wonders for him. At one point over the weekend, Josh asked if there could be anything else going on, or if the obstruction could be getting worse? They did an Xray and all looks good--no new issues and the hematoma is not any bigger. So that is good news! It still leaves us with a very slow healing obstruction. So we are just waiting, and working on our patients. His fever has been pretty constant all weekend as well. So far the cultures have still come back clear, so we don't think he has an infection as of now. Apparently some will just run fevers when they get to a certain point in the chemo cycles, something that brings you back to the hospital to be monitored and put on preemptive antibiotics. So I guess if it wasn't for the bowel obstruction, we'd have been here for the fever anyway!

Trying to stay positive and not get too frustrated by these unanticipated issues. I can see how easy it is to get upset that things don't seem to ever go right, but I try to bring myself back to all the things God has taught me so far. His way is better then mine, even if I don't understand it. He is in control and will take care of us like he always has. And that I need to find ways to be thankful each day--to live with an attitude of thankfulness because there is so much to be thankful for! Like a bonus day of the year I get to spend with my Drew--even if it's in the hospital!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment