Drawing from Drew

7-28-16

One more week has flown by, and I'm happy to report that Drew continues to do so, so well. If it wasn't for his (tanning, despite our hats!) bald head and feeding tube, you'd think he was just any other energetic two year old boy. He's sleeping well, tolerating faster rates of feedings so he can spend most of the day backpack free, and generally loving life every day. I know I am SO blessed to have such an easy going, happy kid through all this. On Tuesday this week my Community Bible Study ladies put together a little picnic brunch so we could get together. They've been such a strong source of prayers for Drew, and so encouraging to me, it was great to see some ladies I haven't seen much since I had to drop out of the group as Drew's been in treatment. After that, since last weekend's trip to Ames went so well, I was confident enough to take them both with me ALONE back to Ames the last couple days as Josh was on a business trip! There was more to pack, more to keep track of and stay on top of, but it was so worth it. My dad and brother were both busy with work this week too, so it was a nice time with my sister and Mom. I also arranged to see a couple friends, ones that have been such a support to me through this difficult time. Catching up with old friends gives you such a boost in morale! It's been a good week, and tomorrow's Friday :)

I hope to keep having little to report for at least a couple more weeks! Here's some pictures from our week living our life this crazy summer. Playing at home and at the park, going to restaurants, and visiting family and friends!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment