Drawing from Drew

6-16-16

Halfway through our 3 days of testing, and Drew's doing great! The bone marrow biopsy yesterday seemed more simple and easy then the other times we've had it done. Then I got to thinking, I'm not sure if we have ever just done the biopsy by itself before! So it was nice to have an easier than expected day yesterday. The injection for the scan today was pretty simple as well. Now today he's gotten his CT scan done, which is a pretty familiar procedure to him and me nowadays. And he is right now in the middle of his MIBG scan. Here's us inbetween scans this morning taking in the beautiful day! In total since last week, he's had his hearing, heart, and kidney function checked, as well as a bone marrow biposy, abdomen scan, and a cancer scan done in preparation for our next step. Whew! We won't find out what all of these scans and tests showed until tomorrow afternoon when we meet with the oncology team before we begin transplant, since we got APPROVED by insurance!! God continues to answer prayers!

And Mama is doing much better as well. I think we've purposely not stopped to think too long about what we are going through and just do what needs to be done. But when I did take a minute to feel instead of just function, the reality of the situation filled me with sadness. I haven't cried too much so far, and I guess it all just caught up to me. All of your prayers, comments, txts, calls, and literal hugs on the street brought so much comfort. Thank you! Through His peace, your prayers, and Drew's ever-present smile, I am better. I needed a day or two to cry for him, for Molly, for us and all I feel we are missing out on right now. But now I've put my "big girl" pants back on and am ready to go back to the work of seeing Drew though this trial by the strength of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment