Drawing from Drew

6-5-16

Well Josh and I did our Sunday dance of switching places and I am so happy to report that Drew seems MUCH better! Even since this morning, the nurse and Josh agree. We all went for a little stroll around the floor (he's still on isolation, so he can't go into the playrooms, but can be pulled around in his wagon), and visited the courtyard down the hall for some fresh air. It was hard to get a picture of him sitting still! We learned today that he actually has two different infections. In addition to the Cdiff, Enterococcus grew in the cultures as well. So he's on two different antibiotics. He still is having diarrhea, and some vomiting, but it's slowing down. Josh added up the packs of diapers he went through since Friday night, and he went through 48 in less then 48 hours!! Needless to say, everyone is glad it's slowing down. We were both pretty worried about him, it's nice to see his smile back. It's bad when you go days without seeing it!! I will get more information tomorrow on outlook for when he will be cleared to leave, but sounds like it might be sooner then I thought (I won't get my hopes up)!

Thank you so very much for all your prayers. Like I said, we were all pretty worried about him. When Drew is down, its such a sad sight. I know that all of your prayers were heard, and it brought us a great deal of comfort to know that so many were asking for healing for Drew and strength for us. We think this might have been a good preview of how ugly parts of the transplant will be in just a couple weeks. It definitely reminds me that through my own strength, I fall apart, but with His strength we can do anything!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment