Drawing from Drew

4-4-16

Round 4 is in progress! They hung the first bag of Chemo Saturday around 2 PM. And since this cycle the Chemo runs 24 hours for 3 days, it won't end until about 2 PM tomorrow afternoon. So far he's gotten sick some, but not too extensively. It's been so great to have my Aunt staying there with him, and us being able to go visit, but Molly having both of us here with her at night. The plan has remained unchanged, as far as the replacing the line goes. They will pull it Weds before we are released, and won't put the new one in until next week after the stem cell collection. We ask you to pray that nothing happens in between--no fevers, no new infection, no anything! The doctor's emphasize how important a successful collection is this round. There are back up plans, but we really want to get a good collection this time around. So a successful collection is also an important prayer.

Tomorrow is my birthday--30! My twin sister and I had a big Vegas birthday trip planned for this week. It's been a hard week already thinking about what we could have been doing right now. So much has changed in such short a time. But again, I"m faced with a choice. Pout and be sad for what isn't, or be grateful for where we are and what we do have. I have a wonderful family and great circle of friends that have been so supportive through all this. I couldn't ask for anything that hasn't already been done for me and my family. I have so many that are praying for us, and have extended touching words and encouragement that have really strengthened my heart. How could I be anything but happy and content with however we celebrate my birthday tomorrow!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment