Drawing from Drew

2-12-16

Well, we are HOME! Wednesday night we held our breath as the blood was drawn, and waited to hear what the red count would be. His feedings were at where they wanted them, so it was just his Hemoglobin number that was keeping us in the hospital. We wanted to see a number less then 16 to get us home before the weekend. And when it came back, it was 15.9! They took blood again in the morning, and 15.2 was the number then. That was enough to show a downward trend, and in the acceptable range. So the process was started to go home yesterday, Thursday. By the time we left from going over the discharge papers, and with all our equipment, prescriptions, and supplies, it was right at 3:00. I picked Molly up on my way into town, and the Becker Family had our first dinner at home together since January 19th. It was wonderful. Bedtime was nice too--but Drew's gotten real used to sleeping right beside someone in the last 3 weeks, so he wasn't too happy about being in his room alone. But he really didn't put up too much of a fuss, and once he was asleep he was only up twice in over 13 hours! He could use some catching up too I guess!

Today Josh went to work, and I began the day with my two kids--familiar, yet in some ways totally new. But we have managed, even went to HyVee to pick up some dry cleaning! A friend of mine also graciously came by and gave Drew a buzz--his hair was beginning to fall out. I decided it would be easier for me to just have it cut and not watch it shed over the next week. I think he looks pretty cute, but I'm probably partial ;) So here's his new 'do! Molly got a cut as well, she needed a trim! They both were enjoying a cheese block snack...

On Tuesday we report bright and early at 8:15AM for Round 2! Molly will start her Preschool/Daycare as well that day. My dad will be coming up to help out as needed.
Hopefully we will have nothing to report over the weekend, accept a nice Valentines Day together. The love that has been shown to us so far has been so wonderful. I have that to be thankful for this Valentines, as well as obviously my cutest little Valentine! Have a wonderful Valentine weekend!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment