Drawing from Drew

7-18-16

Drew continues to get stronger and stronger each day. He's verbal skills are really picking up too! He's up to 4/5 word sentences at times, one in particular, "No Molly, I didn't", when accused of something is my favorite so far! He is just so lively and happy, its been a real joy having him home. We did lab work again the end of last week and his platelets were high enough on his own to not need a transfusion. The last count to stabilize post-transplant! So the team gave us the okay to head south to Iowa to see family, the first time we've been to see family all together since Christmas. It was a great weekend, tiring for all, but wonderful. We took a 5 generation picture on Josh's side in Coon Rapids, stopped at Ledges State Park to walk around in the creek, and ate ourselves silly like usual in Ames. We have an appointment with Oncology tomorrow in Rochester, for our official post-transplant check up. Please pray he gets a great report!

On a personal note, today is Josh and I's eight year wedding anniversary. I just wanted to take a little space here to sing some praises to my husband who keeps us all together. I have the time, and probably the desire, to share so much on here, so I kind of become the "face" of this whole ordeal, but he most definitely is the driving force behind us all. He keeps me focused, helps me to see the big picture, and does whatever needs to be done without complaint. There have been many nights when he leaves with Molly from the hospital and we both know he's going home with the harder job of getting her calmed down and in bed. I have seen him be so kind, gentle, loving and understanding with our kids in the last 6 months, it's deepened my love for him, and I thought it was pretty deep to begin with! He's adapted so quickly to being a "single working dad" too many weeks with Molly as I'm with Drew in the hospital. We've worked together to accomplish so many goals in last 12 years we've been together; seeing our son cured from stage 4 cancer will no doubt be one of biggest accomplishments!

Okay, enough mushy stuff, pictures are highlights from the last week at home!

~Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment